Lemon Ice Cream with Stevia
Sweet cream with a lemon zing.
This Lemon Ice Cream recipe yields 6 servings and uses only Stevia as sweetener!
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons Stevia Green
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Combine stevia, milk, and cream in a small, deep mixing bowl. Stir to dissolve the stevia.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 1 or 2 hours until solid around the edges.
- Remove from freezer. Add lemon juice. Beat thoroughly and replace the plastic wrap. Return to freezer.
- After 2 hours beat again. Freeze some more until consistency is firm but still soft enough to dip.
- This entire process requires about 6 hours and very little effort. For leftovers, remove from freezer about 1/2 hour before serving to allow for softening. Whip again if desired.
- The amount of stevia and lemon extract can be varied according to taste. Or add a tablespoon Bourbon Vanilla Powder.
- In place of dairy milk you can use soymilk.